Wednesday, December 1, 2010

(Hopefully) LAST pregnancy update!

Last night my doctor called and told me my test results had (again!) improved. She reminded me how weird I am for getting healthier these last couple weeks when at any moment she has expected me to turn into a ball of swollen high blood pressure. I know. Bizarre! I mean, getting sick postpartum was bizzare last go round so she should have known I would be doing things backwards this time.

This means I did NOT get induced today BUT she is a little concerned about my 5'4 self giving birth naturally (my hope) to a bigger baby. SO she says there is currently a spot open Friday for induction, but since I'm not looking 'ready' for the baby to come out I'll call tomorrow night, make sure my room is still open, if it is I'll head into the hospital where there will be 'ripening of my cervix' happening before starting the real induction Friday morning. Apparently 'cervix ripening' isn't painful so they'll do it overnight so I can hopefully get some sleep, though if they take my blood pressure as often as I predict they will, I doubt I will sleep. Dr. G says she's hopefull if we start this process tomorrow night at 10 pm, that I will have the baby by Friday at 10 pm.

That's the news! My blood pressure has been really good today so I've been out running a couple errands, and picking up around the house a little bit. This morning Big Sister Betsy and I went out for a super-special only child breakfast at our favorite place (Chick Fil A i.e. Chicken). We ate Chicken Minis, we laughed, she talked about 'Cwitmas', and the twee in the corner of the restaurant, and about Sahntan coming down the chimney, and I reminded her about baby 'Cheezus' and his birthday. It was a really special time that I wanted to savor with my blabber mouthed big girl.

That's the news, please send fast and painless (haha, HAAAAAAAAAhahaha) labor vibes my way on Friday!

2 comments:

Chaos and Coffee said...

Praying for you. I had the cervidil with Madisyn and it actually put me into labor without having to use pitocin which was nice becuase contractions were slow and steady instead of intense like they can be with pitocifc,n.

Rachael said...

Tomorrow is a good day for a birthday! Good luck!