Monday, January 10, 2011

Where does the time go?

You would think being home on maternity leave would give me more time to blog but it doesn't work out that way! Especially weeks like this one having a sick kiddo and a newborn to take care of. Betsy has an ear infection and she's had a fever since Friday night. I called first thing today and she had an appointment at 2 pm. Sure enough, she has one ear infection (ironically in the ear that still has a tube). She's been very attached to me the last few days and Ben and I gladly indulge her need for extra hugs, kisses and time rocking in the chair with us.

Anyways the doctor gave Betsy a shot of antibiotics and an oral prescription and I'm glad she was pretty aggressive with the treatment because it's just so apparent how much pain Betsy is in. I'm sure in another 24 or 48 hours she'll be much better.

In other news Ella is fantastic. She's such a sweetie pie and I really enjoy our time together. She's waking up about once a night to eat, and she's already outgrown her newborn clothes and diapers!

Betsy still adores her 'ister and loves to hold her, kiss her and help feed her. Today at the doctor's office every time Betsy heard a crying baby she would say "Ister is crying? Baby 'Allah crying! Betsy go see Allah?' and she would try to leave the patient room and I would have to stop and remind her "Sister is at Pawpaw's house, she's not crying." I hope this affection lasts for a long time and Betsy and Ella can be best friends!

That's all for today, I have three more weeks of maternity leave so I'll try to check in more often!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awww! Poor Betsy! I hope she gets better soon. Glad to hear that your family is doing well and that Betsy is still loving her 'ister. :)