Today I started thinking about Betsy and I close my eyes and I think about how soft her skin is when I give her a kiss on the cheek (all the time), and how she smells like Betsy, a combination of strawberry suave kids shampoo and goldfish crackers, and how her hair is so fine it doesn't lay down when brushed. Betsy's new favorite thing to do is find all the candle's in the house I've lit (cannle) and ask to blow them out. "Betsy blow out cannle now." She counts to three, blows out the candle, then claps for herself. She thinks she's the boss in the house, telling us what to do (Put make up on, Mommy) (Bem! Feed Ella! Ella hungwee! She cwying!). Betsy is tough! Our neighbor who works at the church says Betsy knows how to stand up for herself. I don't get a fuss when I drop her off in the morning, and I love that she loves to be there. But when she's tired, or when she gets a 'hurt' she climbs right in our laps, and attaches to us. She squeezes us and we squeeze her right back!
And I think of Ella and how she is so good and quiet until she gets hungry, and then you'd better find a bottle pronto. She gets the biggest smile when she first sees me after work. I think about what it feels like to hold Ella and how some days I feel like she's gained a pound from when I leave her in the morning and when I see her at night. Ella's hair doesn't stand straight up anymore. Ella sleeps mostly in her own bed now, but sometimes if she wakes up cold I'll bring her in my bed and let her sleep on my chest and she squirms until she finds the nook in my shoulder where she likes to put her face. And I feel her mouth move like she's drinking a bottle in her sleep.
I am so, so blessed that God gave me these girls, and their father.



1 comment:
I love them too. <3
Post a Comment