I've been asked a few times today how the low-carb diet is going, and I have to say it's going pretty well! I've stuck with the program 100% except for planned indulgences that I can count on one hand. Those would be:
A margarita and a cookie at Gina's bachelorette night
A piece of cake for my boss' birthday
A piece of JD's birthday cake
That's all the sugar and flour I've had in 18 days. I eat a big salad for lunch most days, and for dinner many days. I eat lots of cheese, chicken, eggs, 1 ounce of almonds per day. It's not terribly hard to stick to this because I'm eating full-fat products. Regular ranch dressing, cheese, etc. I've recently added low-sugar fruit back in my diet. Mostly strawberries.
The weight...it's coming off slowly. I've lost about 7 pounds. I wish it would happen faster but I'm setting small goals for myself. We're going to a wedding June 18th and my goal is 13 pounds lost, and I think at this pace I'll meet my first goal.
Even better than WL is feeling better, and I do. I don't feel sluggish or 'stuffed' ever. And I think I've been addicted to sugar in the past, it's hard for me to stop after one serving of something sweet. Yesterday I took my almonds and diet coke to the movies and it was just as satisfying as a box of candy.
My dear sweet Mom took me shopping in Atlanta and I have some cute summer clothes in my current size, so it makes me a little less anxious about losing quickly. Don't get me wrong, I really want to lose some weight and be slimmer, but getting to my 'goal size' is not going to happen overnight and I just try to enjoy my life every day no matter when size I'm wearing!
That's all for today, I'll give another update in a couple more weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment