Thursday, July 7, 2011

Family resemblance

I find myself more and more intrigued with seeing my girls develop. Betsy has always looked like Ben. She's little Ben. They're 'the twins'. I've always loved that about her! Once my brother-in-law JD told me Betsy gets her ears from me. And my mother-in-law tells us she gets her type A personality from me (she's a bossy pants). But in the looks department, she is ALL Ben.



Bless her heart.

Imagine my surprise when I had Ella and she didn't look just like Ben! I was so used to having a mini-Ben that having a mini-Shan is so surprising to me. When people see me hold the sweetie pie they often comment that she looks just like Mommy. Ben is in denial over this, and is of the opinion that Ella looks like him.

These are a few of my baby pictures:




Here are a few of sweetie pie Ella:





This is my immediate family. Now that I'm looking so intently at Ella who has some of my features I keep trying to see whose features she has inherited. I think I look like my Mom. But I think I have my Dad's mouth, and so does Ella. When she smiles I see my Dad's smile!





It's pretty fun to look at my girls and see features and personality traits that they seem to show from both of us.

No comments: