Monday, July 25, 2011

Gee Gee's visit

Thursday night my mom arrived from Atlanta! By happy accident my employer was closed Friday so we had three full days to hang out with the girls.

Friday we woke up and I took Betsy to school. I came home and mom, Ella and I cleaned the house, got dressed and headed to the Olive Garden for lunch to see my cousin Cynthia! We picked up Betsy at 2, right as nap time was over and snack time was starting. We joined her class for a watermelon snack. Then all four of us headed to Hobby Lobby and back to the house. My cousin Cynthia brought her son Isaiah (2.5) and nephew Brody (1) to hang out. We had SO MUCH FUN watching the four babies wander around. Friday night we went out to Pluckers where JD was hosting Wingo while my mom and the girls stayed home and slept!

Saturday morning Ben went to a fraternity golf tournament and mom and I took the girls to see Winnie the Pooh! Betsy loved the movie and sat perfectly still and was enthralled with the movie. We went home and mom cooked lots of great food.

Sunday morning Betsy and Gee Gee surprised Ben and I with breakfast in bed. FUNNEL CAKES! We took it easy around the house, then went out for lunch and went swimming with my in-laws! Mom and I did a little shopping. We had a great dinner at Jim and Jane's and Betsy and Will were wild swimmers. Both girls fell right to sleep after we got home.

There is NOTHING like my mom visiting. She filled our fridge with yummy food, helped me clean and organized and happily fed bottles and changed diapers. The girls both demanded that Gee Gee snuggle and play with them. Ella said "Gee Gee" over and over while mom held her. SO cute!

Thanks for coming mom! Hurry back!

1 comment:

Chaos and Coffee said...

Mom visits are the BEST! My mom comes in 2 weeks and I couldn't be more excited!