Monday, August 15, 2011

Big girl Betsy

I'm surprised by how quickly Bets has mastered potty training. We're still using diapers at night, but she had only 1 accident all last week, and two this weekend (one while sleeping). She takes initiative to go on her own, though I do try to remind her throughout the day. This development led to Bets getting moved up to the three year old class at school starting this morning.

She's so self-sufficient and independent. Potty trained, sleeping in her big girl bed, making her own snacks, drinking out of a regular cup, feeding herself. This morning she wanted an apple, "Not cut Mommy, I want the whole apple."

I think I love the most that she's such a little helper. If she starts melting down she usually snaps out of a tantrum if you assign her a task. And she is SO good with babies. And if you hurt the feelings of someone she loves she is NOT happy. I need to catch her defending William (a couple of weeks ago she flipped out when Ben carried Will to the car crying) she said "GET OFF OF MY COUSIN!" in the most shrill, demanding voice I've ever heard.

She was very sweet this morning when I dropped Ella off for her first day of school. She made an announcement that "This is my sister Ella, she's in the baby class." And at night she keeps an eye on her sister, "Don't play in the 'nauzer's bowl Ella. No eat the paper Ella. Mommy, her trying to eat the 'nauzer's food!". Who needs to baby-proof when you have a big sister hall-monitor?

Love that kiddo :)

No comments: