Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hi-Ho, to the North Pole I go!




This year we're participating in the Elf-On-The-Shelf game. This concept is basically a book that tells kiddos that a scout elf is coming to visit our home for the holiday season. The children name the elf (our elf is Hi-Ho-Guy), and the elf flies to the North Pole nightly to report to Santa if the children have been naughty or nice. Betsy also insists Hi-Ho-Guy sings the Hi-Ho song to Santa nightly.

Last night we read our Elf on the Shelf book in bed as a family and as soon as the kiddos fell asleep Ben ran to the living room to move Hi-Ho-Guy. This morning Betsy and Ben rushed into the living room to find him (hanging out on a candlestick) and tell him that Betsy slept in her bed all night last night.

Betsy and Ben also whispered to Hi-Ho-Guy what they would like Santa to bring this year. Betsy said "pink camera" and I'm pretty sure Ben whispered PlayStation 3. Too bad Ben's been so naughty this year.

This is a fun little game for Betsy and I love that she understands it this year! I'm looking forward to Hi-Ho-Guy (or a different named version) every year while the girls grow up. I'll have to post pictures of the fun places our elf finds to monitor the Bralley behaviour.

1 comment:

Riya Joshi said...

Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility? Laminate Flooring Installation