I should have blogged this a couple weeks ago but I've been pretty busy getting back in the swing of things!
Monday February 13th I had a spinal tap and it was...rough. It was pretty painful. The good thing was my opening pressure was much lower than a couple of months ago so my condition is improving! The bad thing was I developed a spinal headache (a leak from where they poked the hole inside) and I was out of commission for about a whole week. I couldn't stand up without having a terrible headache. It was bad enough that I would fall into the wall if I stood up, so I didn't get out of bed except to use the bathroom.
My in-laws were all SO amazingly helpful throught the week, coming over to keep me company, helping around the house, dropping off and picking up the girls. It was so hard. I consider myself a productive person and I got pretty depressed that I couldn't go anywhere, or do anything to help Ben and the girls.
Finally Saturday the 17th I felt better and started getting up and moving around, but really it wasn't until Monday the 20th that I was back to myself. I luckily had the day off for president's day and I got the laundry caught up, and played with the girls.
Fast forward a couple of weeks and I had a follow up appointment with my neurologist. I'm staying on my (terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad) medication, but I'm stable enough that I don't have to go back to the neurologist for three months, and I just need to contact him if I notice my symptoms returning or worsening. My optic nerves still aren't back to normal, but they look much better than they did when this all started. Something about the ridges is still off and I wonder if this is why I (on occasion) notice my vision go out of focus for a second or so.
So that's where we are! I'm pretty stable with my weightloss, I need to keep that up, and I need to pay close attention to my body. I still feel that by the end of the year I'll be in a very different place than I was a whole year prior. This is a journey, and I'm really in the beginning :)
1 comment:
The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
vinyl tile flooring
Post a Comment