I had a nice long streak of improvement with my PTC, but as of this past weekend my symptoms have been returning. Also, my optic nerves are beginning to swell again (at least I KNOW what's happening). I went to the Neurologist Wednesday and weighing my treatment options we decided the best course is for me to get another Spinal Tap to measure the pressure on my brain, and to draw some fluid off thus immediately relieving my symptoms.
It's not exactly a pleasant process but I do have a very high pain tolerance and the pain of the procedure is nothing compared to the relief I feel afterwards. I immediately feel better, my headache goes away and my eyes feel better.
So the soonest I could get the LP (Lumbar Puncture, another term for Spinal Tap) is Monday at 10:30. I went ahead and took the whole day off because I do feel pretty woozy afterwards and I'm sure I'll need to rest. And sweet HusBen took the day off to hit up one of our favorite haunts (Scott and White Hospital) and babysit me afterwards.
I anticipate a quiet weekend at home. Today my only plans are resting and doing laundry. All week I've been pretty worn out, and I've just ignored any messes or laundry accumulating around me because it's what I've HAD to do. Getting through the work day, playing with my girls and getting to bed early is about all I'm accomplishing. And I'm fine with that! So, if you wouldn't mind, keep me in your prayers Monday morning, I would appreciate that.
1 comment:
The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
luxury vinyl tile
Post a Comment