My brother-in-law JD recently (Since January) made some changes in his diet and as a result has lost over 75 pounds. He looks awesome, seriously this is the best I've ever seen him look! My mom also is following a low carb diet per the recommendation of her doctor. She likes it. Welp, I'm on the bandwagon. I'm on day 4 of low carb eating and I really, really like it!
I'm not following the Atkins plan or anything like that, but I am trying to limit my net carbs to 20 or less a day. I was tired of doing the weight watchers thing. Sure, it's nice to do things in moderation. When I had the discipline to do so it worked for me. But I've found with sweets and breads that once I start munching on them it's hard to stop. And then I felt gross.
I'm surprised that I haven't been hungry. I'm eating lots of meat, cheese, salads, steamed veggies and nuts. And I feel satisfied all day. In fact, I think this morning was the first time I've really felt hungry at all, so I grabbed a few almonds while I cooked breakfast for myself and I felt great.
I can literally tell a difference in my blood sugar not crashing. I feel much steadier during the day and don't feel the need for a 'pick me up'. Not to mention, when you eat carbs you get that bloated, stuffed feeling after a meal. My clothes are just a bit looser already, and I've lost 4 pounds. AND I think I can STAY committed to this. I'm not going to completely deprive myself. One meal a week can be carb heavy. This weekend it'll be dinner out on Friday night, it might include a margarita!!
Please share your low-carb eating tips if you have any!
3 comments:
Welcome to the world of no carbs! I love it, like you I feel better overall and its forced me to eat more fruits and veggies.
I don't know if you are keeping a food diary, but check out My Fitness Pal, I have yet to come across foods not in there and theres an app for it also.
You can customize your calorie, fat, protein, sugar, carbs, whatever to your own level. The message boards have great menu and fitness ideas.
Thanks Lisa! I've been using my net diary and it's fine. I might try my fitness pal because at times I find my net diary difficult to navigate.
Hey Shan- I'm just catching up on blogs so just seeing this now. DH and I have been doing this for awhile also, isn't it fabulous?!?
My fitness pal is great, I agree with Lisa.
Otherwise, we're just learning also so I don't have a ton of suggestions other than experimenting, which we always already did with WW. :)
Post a Comment