My previous blog talked a bit about my health condition so I thought I would blog about how the past two weeks have been different from the past few years!
I've always considered myself organized, I plan ahead. The one area of my life that I just 'let go' and felt 'too tired' to control would be cooking, eating healthy, and exercising. I made a lot of excuses to myself about how hard it is to balance working full time, and raising two babies, and doing all the other stuff I do. But what I understand now is that all the other stuff is pretty much secondary to my health.
My days looks a lot different now, though I know I'm still pretty sick with my PTC. It just makes me tired. I don't stop for breakfast on the way to work. I don't run out for an unhealthy lunch. The night before I plan my breakfast, lunch, and snacks for the next day, weight and measure them out, pack them up so in the morning I just grab them to go. We have several health meal options in the fridge so at night I just heat up one of those, most often a grilled chicken salad.
There are no junk food options for Betsy and Ella. I'm not saying we don't still keep a box of goldfish and nilla wafers, but the majority of what we all eat is fresh fruits and veggies, grilled meats, cheese, nuts. There is no diet coke or coke in the house. I spend my lunch hour walking around campus to burn calories. It is AMAZING the amount of money I'm saving not eating out at all.
Ben is anxious for me to start lifting weights with him, but I told him I would let him know when I feel ready to add that in to my new routine. Slowly but steadily the pounds are coming off, and consequently I have noticed my vision improving in the last week. This is SO wonderful, I was having a hard time with my vision loss. I'm excited to go back to the optho in a couple weeks and have them do the field of vision tests to determine how much it's improved.
I titled this post lifestyle change because that's what this HAS to be for me. I cannot allow myself to become so overweight again. It's really freeing to have no option of giving this up. I haven't really had the urge to cheat or fall of the bandwagon yet, though I know there will come a day when I have an unhealthy meal...and I will get right back on track, because I have no other option.
So I'll keep you all updated with my weight loss. And I'll keep you updated with my PTC, and for now we just slowly get healthier. It's kinda fun knowing I'll end the year so much healthier and in-shape than i started it.
2 comments:
You can do it! Jillian Michaels has a wonderful ripped in 30 video that I have been doing in the morning (4:45 - ouch!), and it really is only 30 minutes, but a lot is packed into it. I totally understand trying to juggle the full-time work, mom, wife, exercising, etc. I have only been doing it for 6 months, and it is hard! I pray A LOT, and Eric prays A LOT for me, too.
This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info. Parquet Flooring Suppliers in Dubai
Post a Comment