





What a fun weekend! My two best buds, Jessica and Megan came in town and hosted our baby shower with the help of our friend Tiffany. Tiffany's the one who's also pregnant and due in December. Our shower was so so so fun. More than I even expected. We had about 25 of our closest family and friends attend. The hostesses made lasagna, salad and bread sticks. Lots of beer, mixed drinks for the ladies, soda and tea for the moms-to-be, there were a couple in attendance :). Also a really delicious cake, half yellow and half chocolate with chocolate frosting. SO good!
The weather was perfect so the men hung out in the back yard playing redneck golf. The Texas vs. Missou game was also on, and people watched that and mingled. It was more of a casual dinner and friends night than a shower atmosphere and I really felt like everyone had a great time. The hostesses came up with really cute decor. They hung pink polka dot grosgrain ribbon with baby clothes pinned across it. Very cute, and made a nice back drop where we opened gifts. Also, they had these fantastic cookies made in lots of baby friendly cut outs, onsies, bassinets, strollers, and they were adorable and SO tasty! I have the last few hidden so I can enjoy them this week, let's hope Ben can't find them :)
Everyone was SO GENEROUS! Everyone did so much I was blown away by their thoughtfulness. I feel so much more prepared for baby B, I'm *almost* ready for her to be here.
One super cool gift we received was a diaper wreath, it is SO AWESOME!! I'm making one for my cousin who is having a C-section the day before my estimated date of delivery, so I'll take pictures of the process so yall can see how it goes. It would be a great present for other Moms-to-be you might know.
I feel so blessed, it was exactly what I would have wanted in a shower! And I think Ben and I are felling very excited about baby B's arrival. He rubbed and talked to my stomach quite a bit yesterday.
I'll post a few pictures, I hope you enjoy them :)
No comments:
Post a Comment