Monday, August 3, 2009

Back on the bandwagon

My effots to lose weight this summer have yielded zero progress. I blame myself for lack of planning. When I plan my days and weeks out in advance I'm very sucessful at maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Last night (while Granny babysat that sweet baby), Ben and I did our weekly grocery run. We got to take our time and plan out the week. I happily came home with a whole pineapple, cantelope and small watermelon. Last night we sliced and diced the fruit and I packed my tupperware containers of yummy goodness for work today.

While I have had great success with Weight Watchers in the past I would really like to focus more on my health rather than losing weight as efficiently as possible. I'm using the free website Sparkpeople.com to track my calorie, carb and protien intake and try to eat the optimal levels of both to feel the best (and lose the baby/pregnancy weight I've put on).

I think I'll be more sucessful now that the summer is wrapping up. I'm better at keeping a schedule in the fall, and with Ben around less I'll probably eat more salads and less homemade spaghetti or tacos.

Wish me luck! I have the tendency to be 'all or nuthin' when it comes to watching what I eat, and I'm trying to put-my-all into this effort!

5 comments:

jen @ one curly fry said...

This reminds me that I have a huge watermelon sitting on my counter that needs to be cut up.

Lara said...

i ♥ Sparkpeople.com. I've been using them and have lost 10 lbs so far. Good for you, getting back on the wagon!

Corie M. said...

Hmm, I'll have to check out SP. I don't think I'll lose much weight until I'm done BF, but I'm trying to get back to healthy and exercising.

Miranda said...

You can do it Shan!

Michael said...

Welcome to the Bandwagon, Friend!

I got back on it in early July and have lost 8lbs so far. I've held onto this baby weight for long enough and now I'm ready to be a MILF again! : )

Good luck, Shannon!