Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Random Happenings.

My thoughts are all over the place after an almost 4 day weekend.

- I'm so happy it's cooled off a bit in Centex. We had a record breaking hot summer (75+ days over 100 degrees)... and it is NICE today. Yesterday we left the back door open most of the day. Betsy went to school in long sleeves, and said "Hey it's cold out here!"

- Please pray for those fighting the fires in Texas. We have so many friends all over Texas and we're worried for their safety. This is the worst drought in recorded history in Texas and these fires are moving quickly and destroying homes.

- Betsy saw a man running this morning and said "Hey! Look at that running hippie!" This was inspired by discussions of my Dad who has been working out and getting in shape lately. His grandpa name is 'hippie'.

- Ella ate her first ice cream this weekend. Huge fan. She also ate peas, carrots, squash, yogurt and bananas. She loves eating. And she's gotten really good at it.

- My girls slept more than they were awake this weekend. Spending a night with the 'big kids' will wear them out! I enjoyed the peace when they were sleeping and I enjoyed their awesome moods when they were awake.

- I don't remember Ben being gone so much last year in the fall, but I know he was. It's not HARD without him home, but he's such a big help when he gets home. And those girls (especially Bets) is SO EXCITED to see him come through the door.

- Have I mentioned I love this weather? I broke out my cowboy boots in honor of the fallish feel in the air.

- I think this weekend might be the first of many pumpkin roll paloozas with my girls. Betsy loves helping in the kitchen, and Ella loves sitting in the highchair watching. Ben has an away football game and a far away meet this weekend so I might as well start planning stuff to keep us busy.

- FOOTBALL! I had games on all weekend but the only game I really got to focus on was the Baylor-TCU game and MAN was it good. I'm hoping to have some low key time to watch some games next weekend.

- It's nice skipping Monday, isn't it?

No comments: