Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ten years

It's been ten years since a couple of big things happened in my life. I started college ten years ago. I pledged a sorority (Zeta) ten years ago. And I met my sweet HusBen ten years ago.

The past ten years have been so full of changes! I found myself while in college. I developed independence and confidence I didn't have before. I found a CAREER! I loved college so much I decided to work in the field.

I loved my undergrad years in Zeta, and I've met some of my best friends through the organization. My SISTER pledged the same sorority which was kind of fun (and makes my girls double legacies should they decide to rush in the future.) Ten years after pledging, I'm going to be a bridesmaid for one of my zeta sisters this December. We've gone through break-ups, make-ups, marriages, children, jobs, and supported one another in pursuing our dreams. We might not talk regularly, but when we do we pick right up where we left off. These friends of mine are all over the world now. It makes me SO glad to have had my time in Zeta.

I met Ben my first week at school and during the four years I was an undergraduate student we dated pretty steadily. Our relationship has matured so much... I look back at letters we wrote each other even five years ago and it's really apparent how we've grown so much stronger in the past five years. While looking back I've always thought we've had a mature relationship but reading those letters show me how much we've grown up and changed for the better. It's hard to imagine the next ten years holding more changes that the past ten have, but I'm sure I'll be awed with what happens in our future.

These pictures were so fun to find! They reminded me of many nights-out. Getting ready for date parties, road trips, days spent laying out by the pool, talking about boys. I miss those days sometimes, but I love where we are now.

















Shannie and Ben. I need to upload a few of the pre-digital camera pictures too!


By the way, have you noticed how Ben doesn't age? It's not fair! He looks the exact same today as he did when I met him ten years ago.

No comments: