Thursday, October 16, 2008

Madison the big sister.


Madison is the center of attention in our house, but I think she knows something is going on or about to change in our family. And she's been more gentle and protective around me, she loves to lay against my stomach or she gives me 'affection' when I come home, and she even sniffs my stomach (asking 'How are you baby?')

Last night my father-in-law and Ben put our crib together, and Maddie sat right outside the door watching them. Once the mattress was in, and we put the mobile and a couple stuffed animals inside she kept growling and barking at it. So Ben put her in and turned on the mobile. She sniffed the animals, then sat and watched the mobile go around. She made no move to get out of the crib.

Maybe she thinks the crib is a new giant kennel for her, with the 'bars' I can see how she would get that impression! I'm not going to let her back in the crib, and I hope when the baby arrives she'll 'get it' and she won't think the nursery is her room any more.

Sweet little Madison, I really hope she understands that the baby is part of the family right away. She's never been aggressive (just protective), so I think she's going to be OK. I'll keep yall updated.

1 comment:

Risala Furniture said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me. Best Engineered Wood Flooring