Saturday, December 27, 2008

An empty house...




WOW! This is the first time in 3 weeks I've had an empty house. Literally since the morning of the day Betsy was born. My mom, dad, and sister left this morning for Atlanta, Lauren has a basketball game she has to cheer at tomorrow. It was so nice having them here. I wish they could move in and stay with us forever. Ben went to his parents house with the baby to drop off their anniversary card. I was given strict instruction to take a nap, but I decided to catch the blog up. Blogging is hard to stay on top of when you have company! I wanted to enjoy every moment with our families and the baby while they were here...so it's been days since I've touched the computer.

Dad helped Ben with a couple little things around the house. They installed an extra light in my hallway (which we already had from when Ben put ceiling fans in the bedrooms). It's a 'little thing' but I love that I can see in my sewing closet so much better, and it's right outside of our room and Betsy's room so I don't trip all over myself moving from one room to the next at night. They also installed two fans on my back porch, they look amazing. The weather has been nice here so we've sat out on the back porch with various company who have come by to celebrate the holidays and meet Betsy. She is one popular girl! Dad also decided Madison needed a haircut so he and Ben went to Petsmart, bought the shears and Ben got a schnauzer shaving lesson. She looks like a schnauzer now, and it's funny how much Maddie's little personality changes when she knows she looks pretty. Speaking of Dad and Maddie, we've all decided he doesn't know who he loves better, my dog or my baby! Dad is just a dog lover at heart, if he wasn't away from home so much I know he would love to have a little one of his own.

The highlights from the last two days... WOW! We've been so busy! We had dinner with my in-laws Christmas Eve, then we all attended our church service together. Betsy wore the sweetest outfit my great-aunt sent her with fur around the collar to church and she couldn't have been more well behaved. Not a peep during church. I was flanked by my Mom and Dad and I know God understands, Mom and Dad couldn't take their eyes off of her. Sleeping babies who have just had a bath and are dressed up will do that to anyone!

Christmas day we woke up and made breakfast, we opened presents and stockings. We had a nice Christmas with wonderful gifts. Ben did a great job for me this year, it was really touching to know he took the time to go out and do things for me when he has had so much on his plate to take care of lately. What a wonderful husband I have. My greatest gift was truly the presence of my family and our sweet baby. She's still new enough that I feel like every moment is a joy, not a chore. Each feeding is still fun. She's praised for each belch. I love to smell her head, and get her dressed every day. I hope I feel like this about my child for as long as possible. I'm getting choked up thinking about what a wonderful gift she is and how lucky we are that she is healthy, and we are too!

After we opened our goodies we all got into party mode and prepared for Christmas dinner that we hosted at our house. My Uncle Bo and his family came, as well as my in-laws and my family. It was the first time we hosted a party in our dining room! My Mom and Sister prepared the most delicious meal of Prime Rib, two kinds of potatoes, two kinds of salad, and lots of yummy desserts. I think everyone had a wonderful time, and once again Betsy was a little angel during the party!

That's about all for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. The past couple of days have been pretty low key, we had friends come over last night and this morning my family left. Ben and I worked on getting the house back in order today, it's been go-go-go nonstop for weeks and it's nice to get some order back around here!

I'll post a couple of pictures from the past few days. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: