Sunday, December 14, 2008

December 1st-December 7th

I'm sorry for my prolonged absence...I have an excuse, I was put on bed rest, then surprisingly I had my beautiful baby girl three weeks early! Here's the quick synopsis so I can get around to the fun part...posting pictures of my sweet girl!!

On December 1st the Doctor called me to say I was being put on bed rest, due to highish blood pressure, swelling and protein in my urine. Tuesday, December 2nd I thought I was in labor and went to the hospital, it was a false alarm. I know they thought I was a crazy first time mom...wen's your due date again? December 29th?

I went to the doctor that afternoon and although I had several early labor symptoms I only was dilated to 1.5 centimeters. Wednesday and Thursday I bed rested, then Friday I came back to the hospital for a non stress test to check on the baby and to talk about my plan to control my Preclampsia. Dr. Green stressed that it did NOT look like this baby was coming anytime soon and that lots of people get crazy about trying to induce before Christmas but to let it go, this baby would most likely be born the week of Christmas. Saturday I bed rested and Sunday I took it easy, but our friends Raymond and Tiffany came over to watch the Cowboys game and eat chili (which we aptly renamed 'Labor Chili' 48 hours later. I didn't sleep well Sunday night....

that's the end of this post! I'm going to have to break this up so it's easier to keep track of!

No comments: