Friday, December 19, 2008

Long story short...
















Hello readers!

I'm going to skip a few days and let yall know why I've been out of touch. Monday I was readmitted to the hospital for severe preeclampsia. As usual I did things backwards, people typically are very ill before the baby comes, then within two days of delivering preeclampsia goes away. I'm the rare case where the condition worsened a week after delivery. So we spent a few days in the hospital, my blood pressures were ridiculously high. There was fluid around my heart and in my lungs. My heart was enlarged due to the excess blood flow from all the swelling being reabsorbed in my system.

But I'm better!! I had an echo done on my heart which showed it's perfectly healthy, was just enlarged due to the swelling and is not permanently damaged (man THIS was a relief to hear). They gave me a diuretic to get rid of the fluid in my cavities (think lungs and chest) and I lost about 5 pounds a day while in the hospital of fluid. My feet and hands have also returned to their normal shape.

Wednesday late night I was discharged and I came home to Betsy. I was supposed to take it easy but I woke up at 2 am and took her off Ben's hands for a while. All of a sudden at 4 am I started feeling sick. I thought it was all these medications they gave me in the hospital (think shots and pills hourly) but all of a sudden I was violently ill... apparently I picked up a virus at the hospital. Poor poor Ben. He had a screaming baby and a sick wife to handle all day Thursday, but he took care of everyone like a champ. At one point the dog even got a little too excited and threw up. Seriously? Today of all days?! He did call in reinforcements and my Father in law came and took care of the baby for a few hours while he went to get my oil changed and to buy some low sodium foods for me.

I'm feeling 99% better today, not risking it with solid foods at this point, but I took a shower on my own and even took care of the baby from 1 am to 8 am. It's amazing how much easier it is when you're not severely ill.

So Betsy, Shannon and Ben are doing well now, and I hope to have more regular posts now. Quite frankly I'm done with the hospital. My Drs and nurses were phenomenal, but I'm ready to be home with my sweet girl. Now to post pictures!! :)

4 comments:

ChrisandLogue said...

Oh Shannon! What an ordeal! I am so glad you are ok and home with your baby girl!!

Tiffany said...

Shannon, I am so glad you are doing better! I was so worried! I will be coming home tomorrow for a week, so if you need any help or just want to visit I will be there. I may stop by after I get in town. I will call ya! Love you!!!!

T. Hamden said...

GOSH! We had no idea how chaotic your life has been these past few weeks, but we're so glad you're home...and we can't wait to reconnect. Right now we're simply trying to reconnect with a regular sleep schedule...which I'm sure you can relate. Hope all is well!!! Miss y'all!

Risala Furniture said...

This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info. axminster carpets abu dhabi