Thursday, May 7, 2009

Before and After

Ben's Lasik surgery this morning was a success. He was a nervous little guy, clammy hands, heavy breathing...and it didn't help that he watched a couple surgeries in the waiting room on the big screen before his surgery (and his Valium). It went great, the doctor said his eyes look good. He has a follow up appointment in the morning. He is required to wear goggles for the first 24 hours post surgery (and to bed for five nights) and I have deemed him Ben-bug. I told him Betsy will probably be scared of him and ask me to get the fly swatter out (haha).

Ben was so funny. He told me thank you several times for driving him (2 miles from our house) to get the surgery. Hey, it's the least I could do. After he's been to the hospital oh, five or six times with me in the last six months. And he kept saying "I can't believe I really did it!" What a cutie pie.

I got him tucked into bed, a book on CD ready for when he wakes up, and lunch made on his nightstand before I headed to work. He said he's not in pain but he asked me to call him and remind him what eye drops he needs to use since he was pretty much incoherent when we left the doctor's office.

I'll post a real *after* picture in the next couple of days.

Stud-muffin before

Bug-muffin after

2 comments:

Lisa said...

glad to hear the LASIK was a success! Feel better Ben

TexasCoy said...

Hey Lisa!

Do you have the comments disabled on your blog? I've been trying to comment on the last few and I can't. It may just be my computer settings!

Shan