Monday, July 27, 2009

It's a girl party!

Sunday Ben and I hosted an impromptu 'It's a Girl!' party for his cousins Jonathan and Christi. J and C spent the weekend with us and miraculously didn't recognize the surprise in progress. I hadn't thought to put their gifts away and I had to bake in front of them, but I decorated the cake away from their line of sight then hid it in my office.

Sunday Ben asked J and C to head to Barnes and Noble with him to find a birthday gift for me. It gave me enough time to put together the decorations and move the goodies and gifts in the living room. The guest were Ben's immediate family (parents, brother, sister and nephew) his Aunt, Uncle, Cousins, and of course the guests of honor Jonathan and Christi (plus Abigail-in-utero). The guests wore pink to celebrate the rather recent discovery that the couple are having a girl.

I think it was a nice surprise, it was pretty low key, and it was fun celebrating the newest addition to the family :)

Size 3,6 and 9 month outfits

Sweet blanket with Abby's monogram

Cute gift boxes that match Abby's bedding

I love these socks!

Little bag with Abby's monogram


Recieving blankets


Burp cloths

It's a girl decorations

Chocolate cupcakes, white cake with butter creme frosting

Double chocolate cupcakes

Aunt Gail with cousin William and Betsy

Betsy with Uncle Byron's hat

Christi opening girl gifts :)











On a side note...guess who has discovered how to remove her own diaper?

1 comment:

Corie M. said...

(((Nekkid baby butts)))