Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend update.

Lots to talk about:
Friday Betsy and I hung out at home, did some sewing, and some laundry, then Ben got home and we watched a movie. I sewed knickers for Ben to wear to his alumni golf tournament. They came out pretty cute. He LOVED them. He sat next to me and watched me sew them :)

Saturday morning we woke up at our usual time, got dressed, stopped to get gas in the car and stopped at my fabulous in-laws house to borrow their camera. I had forgotten mine at work (boo!) and I can't make a trip without a camera! Ben had a great time. I think JD enjoyed Betsy coming to the golf tournament as much as Ben coming to the golf tournament. She got lots of attention from all her "Uncles" who she hadn't met yet. They all marveled that a baby could look so much like Ben AND be that pretty ;) We made it back to Killeen at 8:30 and Ben and Betsy could barely stay awake. She was getting a little fussy at that point, so we headed home and got her to bed. She slept until 8:00 the next morning. That's a long night for her.

Sunday we did house and yard work and I did more sewing. Now that my machine is fixed I'm back to my projects! I got SO much done, but I have two little projects to finish tonight. I completed 13 blankets, 12 recieving blankets, 2 burp cloths, 10 bibs, and a pair of knickers. Tonight I need to sew 4 hankerchiefs and 2 towels, then I have an enormous bag of packages to mail across the country.

Now for the fun part, pictures from the weekend.
Bets participating with the boy bonding.

Guess who couldn't keep his hands off her? Uncle JD. Every time he saw us he'd say "Give me my baby!"

Betsy flirting with Uncle Kirkwood. The boys love her.

Look at that stud muffin. Do his argyle socks perfectly match his argyle sweater vest? Best looking man at the event.

Our partners in crime for the day, Leah and sweet McKenzie!

Second best looking man at the golf tournament.

JD's team, who wore kilts.

1 comment:

T. Hamden said...

JD's such a trooper!

And you're a freakin' STUD on the sewing machine!! Where do you get all of this time?! I'm so jealous...