Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What a week.

I've started this post at least three times, but putting into words what we've been experiencing for the last week is a daunting task. Sorry to be Debbie Downer, but here's the news in the B house:

I've been sick. Not just a little sick, VERY sick. It's lasted a week. I actually went to the hospital Friday because I got so dehydrated and I was worried about my blood pressure. Vomiting. That's all you need to know. Suffice to say I am sick of being sick, and Ben is sick of hearing me be sick.

As of yesterday Betsy has what I had. Projectile vomit three times all over me yesterday...and the floor...and the towel...and the changing table...you get the picture. She slept with me last night while Ben slept on the couch. I was terrified she would get sick then choke on vomit. Sorry if that's too much information. Most of the night we slept chest to chest, it seemed to help her get comfortable. She's been squirmy which makes me wonder if she's having the same stomach cramps I did with this virus.

I worked yesterday, and I plan to work this afternoon but I've pretty much been home for a week getting better and now taking care of sick Betsy. I am so grateful to have understanding coworkers (who questioned yesterday..."Shannon, are you SURE you should be here?") Apparently I looked as sick as I felt.

OK, It's 8 am which means the doctor's office is open, so I've got to go make a phone call. Thoughts and prayers for the sweet girl would be appreciated.

5 comments:

T. Hamden said...

OMG I HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE SICK!? Poor girls! If you need ANYTHING from me, you holler!

Corie M. said...

Sorry Shan, feel better soon. Kisses to Bets.

Lisa said...

Sorry that you and Betsy are sick, hope everyone feels better soon. Andy had it at New Years, it was not a good week.

Michael said...

oh, sweet friend, that is awful! I am so sorry! My prayers will be just for you and Betsy tonight!

Beth said...

Shan, I had no idea you were so sick - glad you and the baby girl are both feeling better. ♥