Friday, July 3, 2009

Thoroughly exhausted

We finished painting our bedroom furniture today! Last night BB and I started sanding the nightstands in preparation to be painted. We primed the drawers and the lingerie chest and got to bed at about 11 pm. This morning our new dresser was ready for pick up so Ben (with the help of my fabulous in-laws) picked it up and brought it home! We screwed in the handles (I had picked something different than the dresser originally came with) and put it in place. I love it. I love it thhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssss much.

Here are pictures of the completed room. The dresser is the only thing we bought new. The lingerie chest is a $10 garage sale find and the nightstands are recycled from my high school days. I couldn't be happier with the results and while I wouldn't call the process fun, it wasn't hard and it is rewarding to see the finished product. Not to mention, the whole thing cost about a fifth as much as buying a whole new room.

Ben worked so hard on this. We both did, but this was kind of 'my project' and I didn't even have to ask him to help, he just jumped in and helped. What a sweetie!

Pictures of the room!

Ben's nightstand

New dresser


Lingerie chest

Night stand on my side of the bed

Little Maddie all tuckered out.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks great! I love the colors

Laura said...

Wow, Shannon! It's beautiful!

mary said...

i love it!!!!!

Corie M. said...

Gorgeous!!!

Heather said...

Beautiful Shan. What type of paint did you use? We have some refinishing projects on our summer to do list.