Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Two years ago today

Join me for a dash down memory lane. Two years ago today was one of the most amazing days of my life. Our wedding was more than I could have dreamed. I loved having our close friends and family celebrate the occasion with us. Our wedding was on the small side, but I loved getting to talk, dance and laugh with everyone there. Going through these pictures puts a huge smile on my face.

On our anniversary Ben and I reflect on the changes that happened that year. Obviously the biggest change this year was the addition of Betsy to our family. I always knew Ben was great with kids but couldn't imagine how nurturing, attentive and sweet he would be with both Betsy (and myself!). I'm one lucky lady to have Ben in my life.

My fantastic friends (and bridesmaids) helping me into the dress

Before the ceremony with my mom and sister

Steel drummer playing the wedding march

Dad and I walking down the aisle

Ben saying his vows

On the way down to the ceremony the photographer caught my Mom and I.

The ceremony...it was rather warm (but breezy)

(Finally!) Husband and Wife

The Stuckey (Hackney/Middleton/Heath/Ernest/Copponex/Cornelison/Works family)

The Bralley (Butler/Berger/Wilson family)

My girls! Sister, Mom, Shan, Aunt Mary and Gina.

The ballroom where we celebrated

Parents of the groom, Jane and Jim

The Best Man and Maid of Honor's entrance to the reception. What's with the strained look on JD's face?

First dance as husband and wife. Ben is so much fun on the dance floor.

My Dad and myself

Groom's cake and wedding cake

Ben and his Mama

Aunt Dolly and Uncle Bud who had been married the longest (as determined by the anniversary dance)

This is a great picture of my Mom and Dad. And my Dad's shirt (which he carefully selected himself for the momentous occasion).



That would be my Dad.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy Anniversary!

I love your wedding pictures!

Corie M. said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are a fabulous example to couples everywhere!

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary!! Loved seeing the pictures

Lara said...

Gorgeous pics Shan! Happy Anniversary ♥