With Ben being gone for a week I have to confess, I've really enjoyed my alone time with Betsy. We play at night. We snuggle while she falls asleep. I get smothered in kisses and hugs. Maddie gets lots of attention from both of us. We eat easy foods and make no messes (tonight I'm picking up a veggie plate for us to split).
It helps that my mother-in-law is keeping Betsy while Ben is gone. I think it's so cute that Jane has activities for Betsy and William during the day. They play outside, they sing songs, they play piano, they have nap time and snack time. What better way to spend the day than with Grandma, a former Kindergarten teacher?
This week has flown by, I've been giving presentations at work everyday. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon so I'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat. Saturday I'm meeting a friend from El Paso for lunch (yay!) and Sunday I'm going to see my sorority little sister for the first time in YEARS! I cannot WAIT!
As for Betsy, her teething has stopped I think. She's sleeping well without the Tylenol again. She's also chatting a ton lately, and we pick up sentences from her vocabulary on occasion. Last night she told me to put my shoes away, and handed me my sandals from the floor of my bedroom. Not only does she boss me around, she tells me I'm pretty, and she constantly asks 'what's this?'. Her new favorite song is 'The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round'. She knows how to rub her eyes when the babies cry, and put her finger over her lips when the mamas say "SHHH, SHHH, SHH." And of course I receive an enthusiastic ovation when I finish singing. I dread the day when Betsy realizes that her Mama is a terrible singer.
No comments:
Post a Comment