Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quick update

I haven't been feeling too blogtastic lately. I just haven't been in the mood to write! Lots has been going on around here...

Betsy is teething again and has had some rough nights. We've figured out her Tylenol dosing, and it's helped her sleep better. We let her sleep in the bed with me though and I get lots of snuggles at night, she craves the physical contact.

She learns new things every day, we're recognizing more of what she says. She goes through spurts in the day when she just chatters non-stop. Last night she discovered Sesame Street, and she held her Elmo (Eh-moh!) doll while laying in her snoogle and watching a SS video. It was VERY sweet. She does everything we do. She folds clothes, she knows how to screw the cap on and off a water bottle, she likes to sit on her potty chair to read books. Speaking of, Betsy likes to pick up books in her bedroom and carry them around saying "WEED IT! WEED BOOK!" She's so grown up!

Ben left this morning for a week long fishing trip with 'the boys' in New Mexico. I know he's been looking forward to it, and we'll miss him but Betsy and I will enjoy our girl time for a few days!

Baby is developing well, Friday we went for an ultrasound with a friend who works at the hospital. We saw the baby's face, hands, feet, spine, brain and heart and everything looks wonderful. No gender determination yet, as the baby was modest and kept it's feet in front of it's private parts. Two weeks from today we'll go for our official 'big ultrasound reveal' when we will hopefully find out if Betsy is getting a little sister or little brother. Ben and I are happy either way, though I'm excited to find out so I can start planning! I haven't done a single thing to get ready for this kiddo which is completely against my nature!

So that's about it! We're just enjoying our time together as a family, I'm trying to rest as much as I can, and Betsy is determined to be a miniature person.

No comments: