Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer Vacation

Although my hours don't change during the summer I still feel a nice reprieve from the daily grind at this time of year! Work slows down and having Ben home is the second best thing to being home myself!

After I go to sleep Benny makes my lunch and snacks and packs my bottled water for the next day. He takes Betsy swimming, or on a day like today, has a friend over to hang out (with a sweet little girl for Betsy to play with!). He also has dinner ready when I get home, and does a couple of chores and runs our errands while I'm working.

It makes me happy to hear how happy Ben is when I talk to him on my lunch break days like today. It makes me glad to hear that he took Betsy for breakfast at CFA, they went swimming, are playing with friends and he sounds so relaxed. Ben works so hard during the school year I can't begrudge him the time off, even if I have to work. He deserves it!

No comments: