This coming weekend is a long weekend for me, in honor of Independence Day. We have some fun stuff planned so I'm eagerly anticipating its arrival!
Friday we're going to a matinee showing of Eclipse at the Imax, as well as dinner at the Melting Pot with our friends (and anniversary buddies) the Osbornes. I'm really excited about it. It'll be an early night but I love making it home to get Betsy to bed. I feel like such a bump on a log lately, going to bed soon after Betsy and I'm looking forward to an evening with adults i.e. John and Laura...and Ben...if you REALLY consider him and adult.
Saturday we're heading to Austin to meet my friend Corie and share lunch and watch volleyball games. I'm excited about that too! Maybe I can bug my brother and sister-in-law into meeting up with us while we're in ATX (hear that Tiff and JD? You'd better screen your calls if you don't want to hang out with us this weekend!).
Sunday, I think we're going to try to clean out the office, take a bunch of stuff to the Goodwill, and clean out the garage. This will probably spill over to Monday. I don't know WHY this project seems to daunting to me! I think if Ben and I jump in and work on it together we can knock it out in no time :) I'm also thinking of breaking out our 'John Adams' DVD series that we haven't watched in over a year, and enjoying that with Ben (and Betsy, it's never too early to learn about the founders of our nation!).
Tuesday we have our 'big ultrasound' to (hopefully) learn the gender of baby B 2.0! This is motivating me to get the office cleaned out so we can set up the crib and I can make a plan to order a dresser, pick some bedding, and generally turn the room into a nursery. Can I talk some more about how much I love the unfinished furniture store? I love the dresser in our room, I think it's such good quality, and I can't wait to order a piece or two of furniture for Baby B 2. Preparing for the second baby is a lot less work as we HAVE most of what we need, but I'm finally getting anxious to learn the gender so I can start preparing!
No comments:
Post a Comment