
We've reached the point of no return, Betsy is in love with Elmo. I realized how intense her infatuation was this morning when she HAD to go back in the bathroom and tell the Elmo toothbrush bye-bye before we left for school. Betsy has one Sesame Street DVD, and she names many of the characters (Cookie, Abby, Bird) but the only character who elicits squeals of delight is Elmo.
I've decided to do an Elmo themed birthday for Betsy in honor of her looooove of the little red guy. I'm not making big plans, but I have two Elmo shirts, two Elmo movies, five books (four of which were found in the Target dollar bins, one was on the bargain shelf at Barnes and Noble), and (hopefully) a pair of Elmo slippers in her size for her birthday presents.
I'm probably going to make cupcakes myself and look for Elmo toppers for the cupcakes. AND...the best part... I'm looking for an adult size Elmo costume for sale this Halloween and Ben is going to dress as Elmo on her birthday. What a TROOPER, that Daddy of hers!
On another note, I'm planning on celebrating Betsy's birthday November 7th (it's a Sunday) rather than December 8th. I want to make sure Betsy has a special day before all the ruckus of the new baby happens. I'm not throwing a big party this year, but I think we'll just invite our immediate family and local friends over for pizza and cupcakes.
1 comment:
hey, we have a tickle me elmo that Elliott does not play with anymore. It needs batteries (what kid toy doesnt) but she can have it if you want!
Post a Comment