Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Debbie Downer

I've been in a bad mood the last 24 hours.

I found out my Nana's husband passed away yesterday and I've been sad. He was a wonderful man and I always enjoyed his company. Floyd was very special to my Dad. So I'm sad, for my Nana, my Dad and the rest of his family who I know must be really devastated by the loss.

I've also reached the point of never-finding-a-comfortable-position in this pregnancy. I've noticed (as have several other people) that I seem to be carrying Ella lower than I carried Betsy.

Yesterday I misunderstood where some on-campus training was, and I ended up walking across campus. I told Ben I walked two miles through the snow, uphill both ways, for training (ha, not really but it was probably a mile round trip and I was super-swollen yesterday afternoon).

And I think my baby is growing hair this week...because for the first time I have heartburn! I never had it with Betsy (and she was born with a good amount of hair). Maybe Ella will be like me and come out with thick, dark hair.

At night I go between our bed and the guest bed trying to find some comfortable position...and poor Ben, he never knows where he's going to sleep. Last night I was laying vertically across our bed and he walked in the room and asked "Am I sleeping in the guest room?" and I said yes.

Last night Ft. Hood had artillery practice and it sounds like thunder which terrifies poor Madison. Twice she jumped into our bath tub and couldn't get out and I had to go get her and bring her in bed with me. Finally she slept curled up against my belly, at one point she was scared she she hugged me in my sleep. She put her paws around my neck and hid her face in my hair. Poor little one. Also while walking around the bed to get her from the bathtub I ran into the dresser belly-first. I have no sense of my size anymore. I guess I'll be investing in a night light this week!

So my being Debbie Downer is over. Now that I've complained about this once I'm required to move on and focus on good things. Have a good day everyone!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss and hope things get better soon!