Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Great news!

It's been a really good day. I vacuumed the house. I'm almost caught up on laundry. All bottles are washed, sterilized and remade.

Betsy has discovered another brand of pacifiers she likes... add the Mam brand to the Avents on the "Betsy approval list". Last night Betsy woke up at 1:30 and ate and was back asleep by 2, and again from 5:30-6. We woke up for good at 8 am. I'm not complaining, that's great for me, I still feel like I got a great night of sleep.

Ben is back to coaching as of this morning's practice, and he has his first soccer game of the season this Friday. After his morning practice today he met up with several of the other history coaches to golf, he was really excited about that, and it had been about 6 months since he's had the opportunity to do so.

Betsy and I went to the doctor's today (my doctor) and my blood pressure is looking good!! We're cutting my medications in half... I'm cutting out two pills completely, literally cutting one pill in half, and staying on the other medication twice per day. I have to continue to moderate my BP and in three weeks when I go in for my post baby check up I might get taken off the rest!!

Dr. Greene was so funny, she hadn't seen me since I had been discharged from the hospital (the second time). I'll admit I was looking pretty rough at that time period. Anyways the thinks I look much better ("You have cheek bones! And shin bones!" she exclaimed. I told her Ben and I want to start walking and I've been feeling fantastic. She gave me the go ahead, so I'm off the hook on 'taking it easy'!

Speaking of...tomorrow is January 1. I am re-committing to Weight Watchers, Ben and I will both be counting points. Wish us luck in our venture. It feels weird when you can cut back like I have been after 9 months of eating for two (which I didn't do that much of, I just seemed to swell for two!).

And my last good news is that I am laying in bed with my sweet baby next to me (Lauren, if you're reading this she's wearing the argyle onsie you sent her!), my schnauzer around my feet and typing on my laptop. I bought and hooked up a wireless router today! Why I hadn't done this months ago, I don't know but I'm going to enjoy it now! I can blog and upload and post pictures while I hang out in the living room with Ben and Betsy. Yea!

It's the little things, right? Don't forget to watch for Lauren tonight at the Chick-fil-a bowl!! Go Georgia Tech!

3 comments:

T. Hamden said...

HOORAY for shin bones!!! ;)

Good luck, Lauren!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady I rejoined Weight Watchers too! I am trying desperately to lose the last of the baby weight...ugh!

Risala Furniture said...

Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility? customized mats in abu dhabi