I think couples develop their own language after years of being together. Last night was a perfect example. Ben sent me a text that said "BBQ Chick! Going to Water you want any?" I immediately understood this to mean they served barbecue chicken at his sports banquet last night. It did not appeal to him. He was stopping at Whataburger on the way home, and offering to pick something up for me if I wanted it. Would YOU have understood that text?
Another example is if one of us needs something, we aren't polite enough to say "Will you please bring me a napkin?" it turns into "Napkin me." We need to work on that one. We want the kiddo to have good manners, not go visit her friends houses and say "Juice me." We also abbreviate as many sentences as possible. I love you is Love. What do you want for dinner is Hungry? Ironically I am verbose in person. I love words. Why do we try to use as few as possible? I don't know!
I follow Ben's thought process WAY better than he follows mine. Last night I hear one side of a conversation with his coworker. "Uh huh, yeah, I'll talk to Shannon, let me ask my brother, when is your anniversary?" He hung up and said "July 17Th..." and I said "Sure, I'd love for us to go. It can be an anniversary weekend away." I figured out from what he said that he wanted us to go away for the weekend with some friends of ours, to stay in Austin and see the release of the Harry Potter 6 movie at the IMAX theatre.
OK, post over. Love.
2 comments:
I seriously snorted at "Juice me." - awesome.
This is so funny!
Post a Comment