Friday, March 6, 2009

What's in a name?

Inspired by my friends Miranda and Webby (hey girls!) I'm going to share with you a little secret. Though our daughter may be named Elizabeth Jane B. we have yet to call her that, even once. This weekend when we baptize her I'm debating between her given name (Elizabeth Jane) or her most common nickname (Snoogle Bear). Somehow since both her name sakes (her grandmothers) will be present I think she actually *will* be baptised with her given, Christian name.

Here is a compiled list of nicknames we use for the kiddo:

Betsy
Betserman (inspired by Ben's nickname, Benerman. I'm Shanerman, and Maddie is Madderman.)
Betserface
Ninnieface (because honestly, the girl has a ninnie glued to her mouth 70% of the time)
Nauzerbaby (inspired by her being Madison's sister)
Bohiney (while getting a bath, espcially cute when said in Ben's high pitched baby talk voice)
Stinkerman (during diaper changes)
Snoogle (because I slept with the snoogle pregnancy pillow for 7 months)
Snoogle bear
Snooglepuss
little Ben (my Mom calls her this, because she's her Daddy's twin!)
EJ
EB (inspired by Raymond Hamden)
BetsyBear (inspired by her bear costume she wore home from the hospital)
Bear
BFF (this is mine, she's my best-friend-forver. or until she's a teenager.)
Princess Betsy (just my Dad calls her this)
little bit (grandbo calls her this)

I'm sure this doesn't seem very interesting, but other new mothers can relate. And if you don't have a baby yet and you think...I'd NEVER call my kid some of those things...never say never. You too will become this sappy.

2 comments:

Corie M. said...

Since I already have a list half that long for my dog, I'm pretty sure our baby girl will have a nice list too. I'll let you know when she gets here! :)

Miranda said...

Shan! LOVE it! So cute! I was inspired by Lynn too! It's one big long chain!