Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Family update

Ben's soccer team has made it to the regional quarterfinals. If you need a visual aid (like myself) here's the link to the brackets:

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/brackets/soccer/pdf/5ABoysSoccer.pdf

He plays tonight in Georgetown, and Betsy and I will be waiting anxiously to hear how the Tigers are doing. If it wasn't a school night we'd be there in a heartbeat, but alas we can't hang like we used to.

Yesterday I finished my alternative teacher certification program. I'm planning on testing next week, then taking my professional exam shortly thereafter, and applying for jobs like, NOW. I can't believe it. How time flies! I'm looking forward to the change :) And I'm still weight-watching. It's going well.

Betsy is her charming self. She was on her best behaviour last night so I went to bed early while she and Ben stayed up screening a movie Ben wanted to show to class. I only heard her squirm once, at 1:30 am when she lost her ninnie. I plugged her back in, and rolled her to her stomach and she slept the rest of the night. Which MEANS... I got 9.5 hours of almost uniteruppted sleep last night. Don't I look beautiful today? It's all that beauty sleep. (kidding!)

Also, we've been taking our family walks every night. I promise, I'm going to take a picture of our new park this week so you can apprecate my new favorite place. Betsy loves taking walks in the stroller. She's big enough now we can use our Maclaren Triumph stroller which is more walk-friendly than our snap-n-go frame. I love the snap-n-go, but it's better oriented to running errands (and not removing baby from carseat) and the Maclaren is lightweight and manuvers nicely. Someone stop me...I can gab about baby gear for days.

That's all. Since I'd mainly been giving yall picture updates I figured I should say something about how life is treating us. Which is fabulous.

No comments: