I had to take the three hour glucose test yesterday as I failed the one hour test on Friday. No big deal, I passed this round. I even got a call from my doctor (not her secretary or nurse) with an 'attaboy' for getting the test done so quickly and passing.
I've gotta tell you guys, I'm a little tired of being a medical weirdo. This was incredibly apparent to me (not just because my doctor told me about eight times in a 30 minute appointment that my body does weird stuff) but because I went to visit our friends Amy and Matt Blackburn and meet their 12 hour old daughter Kizzie yesterday. Of course I checked Kizzie out first, and she is beautiful, but then I couldn't stop looking at Amy because she looked so...NORMAL. She looked great. My first inclination was to check out her ankles and they were so tiny, I just couldn't believe it. I didn't look anything like that after I had a baby. Not to mention Amy was going home that night, just 24 hours after baby was born, because she was in good enough shape to do so.
I was a ball of swollen gross post delivery. I know every woman is different but in a way it's nice to see what normal people look like after they've had a baby. To be able to compare myself to that and know what's not OK. It helps the second time around that you know what things should feel and look like, but I need to be honest with myself about how I'm doing and when I need to bring things up with my doctor. My doctor mentioned they would likely keep me around for an extra couple of days to monitor my issues...at least I know what I'm facing going in.
1 comment:
You are seriously the sweetest thing. I felt like a huge bloated mess! :) I love reading your blog... when I remember to check it of course.
Post a Comment