It's 6:25 on a Friday night...
Betsy went to bed a half hour ago...
After work today I came home to meet the windshield repairman and the plumber! I got a chip in my windshield when we visited my parents this summer and it grew and grew, until it became distracting. I finally called our insurance company and made a claim to get my windshield replaced. Luckily our insurance company has a contract with a nationwide company and with one phone call I both made the claim and scheduled the repair for the next day! The company came to our house and replaced the windshield while I relaxed on the couch. Piece of cake!
After the windshield repair, the plumber arrived, who happens to be the husband of my work friend Carrie! John replaced our broken toilet, and unclogged a slow draining sink that has been getting worse little by little for about a year. It was a quick fix.
After buying the toilet, paying the windshield deductible, paying the labor to have the toilet installed I feel a little broke financially...but I'm enjoying that our home and my car are in good repair!
After John left I stopped by Betsy's pediatrician's office to get an updated copy of her medical records and drop off a wellness statement for her school. Then I headed to school and picked up the sweet girl, then headed to Pawpaw's house to get the sweet schnauzer!
Overall it was a nice afternoon and it was a relief to get these repairs taken care of. Tomorrow Betsy and I will relax around the house while Ben's at a cross country meet. Today is the first day I would classify my pregnancy swelling as BAD, rather than moderate. Unfortunately the swelling did not go away overnight last night as it has every other night. I'm a woman on a mission, to try REALLY hard to lie down as much as possible this weekend and get rid of this swelling.
I'm starting my 32nd week of pregnancy and in the back of my mind I've been hoping to make it to 36 weeks pregnant before I get put on bed rest. That's how far I made it last time and I'm going to do my best to make it to that point this time. I might not get to make pumpkin rolls this year. I might have to get some help in decorating my Christmas tree.... but those things aren't very important compared to taking care of myself and the baby.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, I'm going to enjoy spending some quiet time with my sweet girl, one of a very few weekends that she and I will spend alone before her sister arrives!
No comments:
Post a Comment