I am on a weird sewing kick. I see so many things and wonder if I could make them myself. I have a *VERY* small amount of actual training when it comes to sewing so I experience 'trial and error' quite a bit. I used to look at everything for it's embroidery potential (before I really jumped into sewing). Now I look at cloth items wondering how much effort would be required to make it myself, and how much (the cost of fabric) would be invested in making the item. Many things I write off as not worth the effort of making myself (namely, play clothes for EJB and some housewares, like table cloths and curtain panels).
The projects I have on my short list to try are...
Camera strap
Camera case (this one will be a BIG project)
Stuffed animals
We'll see if I come up with anything blog worthy in the next week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment