Earlier this week Betsy had a little stomach virus. It was 'bad' for about 12 hours, Ben stayed home with her and she's been acting fine for a few days now. Ben was awesome, there was lots of vomit involved and as the smell triggers my pregnancy magnified gag-reflex he took care of everything (without a complaint). He probably gave Betsy 6 baths in two days, some times having to wash her hair three times in one bath, did countless loads of laundry, changed her sheets four or five times, sent me to sleep in the guest room, etc. He was so awesome that I surprised him at work yesterday with having pizza delivered to him. He was really touched and his coworkers enjoyed the pizza too.
Unfortunately yesterday I got sick at work and had to come home, then I got REALLY sick. At one point I told Ben I thought I would throw up my esophogus. I called the doctor and the nurse said if it went on for more than 24 hours I needed to go get an IV because it was dangerous for the baby. Luckily I stopped throwing up last night, so I was only sick for about 12 hours. Ben kept refilling my sprite glass, making me toast, and he took care of Bets so I slept great last night.
I'm going to the doctor this afternoon because I want to make sure everything is A-OK. I lost about six pounds of fluid yesterday and today I've been hydrating like crazy to try to make up for it. Please say a little prayer for the littlest Bralley, I think we're ok, but prayers are always welcome.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
2 comments:
Betsy, some things do not need to be shared. I hope you start feeling better and everything checks out ok at the doctors.
That sucks! We went through the same thing, so I know how worried you can get over the little lima bean. Hopefully everything is fine =0)
The only plus side for me getting the IV was they gave me some really great medication that helped! At least it's over now!!
Post a Comment