On our way back from Austin a rare thing occurred... Ben and I disagreed about something. Call me crazy, it doesn't happen often only because Ben is so mellow and goes along with most anything I want to do.
Anywho I was talking about the new baby's room, and if it's a girl we could move the furniture from Betsy's room into the new baby's room, and buy Betsy a dresser from the unfinished furniture store and... he said NO.
I said, "What do you mean, no?!"
He said, "We should just get those Tupperware drawer things and put the new baby's stuff in there."
At which point I replied "you must be joking".
He kept a straight face but was soon laughing, and honestly I haven't figured out if he's kidding with me or not! I think he's just pushing my buttons on this because he knows it's something I won't let go of and he finds my exasperated reaction to his objection endearing. He took it so far as to push a cart in Wal-mart over to the plastic ware and pretend to be shopping for the new baby's furniture the next day. I took the mature rout and stood in the middle of the store with my arms crossed over my chest waiting for him to stop the fake furniture charade.
Anyways, I think I'll send him the link to this blog post as a reminder that we need to go SHOPPING FOR A NEW DRESSER FOR BABY B 2 THIS AFTERNOON. How's that for passive aggressive?
P.S. Love you honey-bear!
1 comment:
Give it up, Ben...your kid is getting a new dresser. :)
So excited to hear what you are having!
Post a Comment