Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pregnancy update

Friday I had an eventful appointment with my OBGYN. First, my blood pressure is a little elevated. Before pregnancy my BP is pretty consistently under 120/80. Friday it was 131/80. It's not terribly high, but with my history from the last pregnancy we're taking this seriously.

I had to do a 24 hour urine catch test (let's not go into details, you really don't want to know). I got a little panicky (i.e. cried three times Friday, and I'm REALLY not a crier) when the doctor mentioned this test because the results from this test are what caused my doctor to put me on bed rest in my last pregnancy. I've had in my mind that bed rest might happen with this pregnancy, but I'm only 20 weeks along and I REALLY REALLY hope it's not this early. Four and a half months of bed rest is incredibly boring, not to mention frustrating with a toddler to chase around :(

Anywho, my doctor talked to me about starting a low sodium diet, bed resting as much as possible, taking it easy, etc. I've gained 14 pounds this pregnancy which is actually less than my last pregnancy at this point but I was given 'permission' to just try to maintain my weight. And I'm not ON 'bed rest' yet so I can still plan to work.

All weekend I've rested as much as possible. Ben spent yesterday in Austin helping his brother and sister in law move, and Betsy and I took it pretty easy at home. We were all supposed to go to Dallas this weekend to see cousin Abby get baptised and I'm so bummed that I couldn't go. Ben's there now, and I'm bed resting. Betsy has been a little angel for me, entertaining herself in the playroom and taking a three hour nap today.

So, that's the update! I'm keeping my hopes up that I'll call for my test results tomorrow and it'll look fine. I'm sure I'll be this closely monitored the rest of the pregnancy. Baby is kicking up a storm, has a strong heart beat, and is happy as can be in there!

No comments: