Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weekend Update

Friday afternoon my in-laws kept Betsy so Ben and I could enjoy a day out with our friends the Osbornes! We headed to Austin to watch the new Eclipse movie at the Imax theatre. It's been many years since I've seen a movie at an Imax theatre and it was really fun. After the movie we headed to the Melting Pot to enjoy a fondue dinner. The food and company were great. We were at the restaurant for almost three hours enjoying all the courses of fondue! We headed home to retrieve little Betsy and we all slept very well that night!

Saturday morning we got ready and headed back to Austin for a Mexican food lunch at Pappasitos (yum! favorite Mexican food!) and to meet my friend Corie who was in town from El Paso at the Men's National Volleyball Championship. Corie and I got a chance to visit and Ben got a chance to walk around and watch volleyball. We love any sport, so this was a fun outing for us, and Corie is a total sweetheart so it was great meeting up with her. After seeing Corie we went to JD's apartment to watch a World Cup Soccer game while Betsy played fetch with JD's cat Lucy for about an hour. Lucy was so cute with Betsy, and Betsy was very sweet and gentle with the kitty.

Sunday we headed to church and enjoyed a patriotic service. One thing I do love about our church is that so many of our members have served in the military (being that we live in a military town). I feel that our church remembers the men and women in the military EVERY week, but Independence day is very special at FUMC in Killeen. I love the music, I loved the message, it was just a great service. Sunday afternoon Uncle JD and Aunt Tiff came in town so we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house for swimming, burgers, and poker.

Somehow Saturday evening I pulled a muscle in my back and for the next 24 hours I basically laid on a heating pad and took it easy. Mid morning on Monday I started feeling better and I moved to the couch. Thank goodness it wasn't too serious, I feel 95% better now but I still ask Ben to pick Betsy up from the floor because I don't want to hurt myself further.

Sunday night we had lasagna for dinner and I am SO happy Betsy loved it. She ate all of it (with a fork). This is the first pasta dish she's really liked, and she's not a fan of spaghetti or spaghetti O's so I'm thrilled she likes lasagna. She also tried blackberries for the first time and loved those. I don't think we've found any fruit she doesn't like!

Here are a couple pictures of the sweet girl. I love this outfit, it's 18 month and she finally grew into it!


No comments: