Monday, October 11, 2010

I can't wait

One of my favorite things about our house is the fireplace. And Ben indulges me as soon as it gets cool enough to not need air conditioning.

Our first winter in our house was when Betsy joined our family. I fed her many a milkshake (bottle) sitting in front of the fire, rocking in the glider my Mom drove down from Georgia. It's just about the most relaxing thing in the world, feeding a sweet, clean, sleepy baby a bottle in front of a roaring fire.

Winter in Texas usually arrives in December. We have the nice 'in between hot and cold' weather from about mid October through mid December.

I have lots to look forward to between now and then... but in the back of my mind I just can't wait for the weather to turn cold when I get to cuddle up with my girls in the glider in front of the fire. And the best time of year is the two month time period my Christmas tree is up and I can sit Betsy on my lap and point to all the different Santa ornaments while we rock in front of the fire right next to the 'Cwitmas Twee'.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That sounds so heavenly Shannon!