Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sprinkle for baby Ella

Yesterday was my baby 'Sprinkle' (it was a shower on a smaller scale!). It was so fun, and more so than Ella getting lavished with gifts it was nice to celebrate the new addition to our family, just as we did for Betsy!

Ben's Aunt Gail, Cousin Erin, and Cousin Christi hosted the shower at a tea house in Salado and I LOVED it. I cannot wait for my mom to visit so I can drag her for a girly lunch at this place! The food was wonderful, the ambiance was homey, and the company was the best.

The menu was spicy spinach and artichoke dip for an appetizer, an option of quiche with salad, soup and salad, and a finger sandwich sampler for the meal, and both warm chocolate chip cookies and cake with strawberry butter creme frosting. I doubt anyone left hungry! The hostesses also prepared bags of pink and green M&Ms for all the guests to take home which was a nice touch.

Here are a few pictures of the party (I was too busy enjoying to take more pictures!) and some pictures of the great goodies from our wonderful family and friends. Probably the biggest surprise was that my college roommates Megan and Jessica came in from Dallas and Houston for the party! They came to the house and saw Betsy afterwards, and we got to visit for a few hours. I miss them so much!

Party guests






I love this bow holder made by our friend Amy, it matches the room perfectly!

Clothes from Aunt Mary

Lots of diapers and wipes!

Are these not the cutest socks you've ever seen? Ella Coy will have the cutest baby feet in the history of the world.

Homemade blankets and a burp cloth from Ben's Aunt Tish, they are beautiful and I am SO glad Ella will have a special keepsake that was made just for her. Not to mention the pink and ruffles...we love girly around here :)

More necessities, powders, baby washes and diaper cremes.

Burp cloths sent from GeeGee (my Mom). I especially love the 'Made in Texas' one, I suspect Ben will chose that one over all other burp cloths when he's feeding the baby.

Bottles, toys, homemade burp cloths from Amy, and a picture of our pack and play that Jess and Megan ordered for us!


Ella's arrival is so much more real now! Just 47 days until she's full term (NEXT MONTH!) and 68 days until her due date.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Looks awesome Shan!

I'm still wicked jealous though. LOL