Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving update!

Tuesday I went to the doctor and had higher BP readings in the doctor's office. She ordered a nonstress test (where they monitor my contractions and the baby's heartbeat) the baby looked good and I was having contractions ever 4 minutes. For a couple hours I was having contractions consistently, getting to 2-3 minutes apart. Ben and I decided to head to the hospital and upon checking in my contractions slowed down, but they found my blood pressure was really high. When I saw the numbers on the BP readings I was sure they wouldn't let me leave and they didn't. I spent the night in the hospital where they took my blood pressure every 15 minutes and I watched movies on the hospital network, (finally saw the Princess and the Frog!).

My contractions didn't mean much, I'm dilated to a 2 and my body is certainly getting ready for labor! I'm on a low BP medicine and I have an appointment Wednesday if I don't go into labor before then. In the mean time my doctor has put me on bed rest, I can't go back to work but I'm not too upset about it because this baby will likely be born within the next week anyways!

I am so thankful for our very supportive families, our wonderful friends, my selfless husband who is so good at knowing what to say and what to do to make me feel better, and of course my beautiful sweet girl Betsy. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are okay and your little girl will be a nice early Christmas present :-)