My sister-in-law Tiffany was discharged from the hospital on Monday, to return Tuesday because she was having intense chest pains. It is SUCH a good thing that when this started Tiffany got straight in the car and went to the hospital. Tiffany has an aortic dissection which can be fatal if not caught and treated immediately. This means she has a tear in her aorta, which is the largest blood vessel to the heart.
When I heard about this I googled it and freaked out about what I read. We are just SO glad Tiffany went strait to the hospital. Tiffany has been in the Intensive Care Unit since Tuesday but was finally allowed to visit Hudson in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit yesterday. The doctors decided against surgery at this time, opting instead to try to get Tiffany's blood pressure down and try to let nature do some good work and start healing the tear.
This condition presents itself most often in older men. Over half of the cases in women under the age of forty occur late in pregnancy or in the early post partum period.
So Tiffany is healing but I have so much sympathy for her as this is her second week in the hospital and there is no sign of when she's going to get to leave. It has to be frustrating, being separated from your newborn, fearing for your life, and feeling a bit helpless in all of it. The same goes for JD, Tiffany's husband. What a hard position to be in, seeing your wife in the ICU and your baby in the NICU. Ben is beside himself not knowing what to DO for JD, but right now all we can do is pray, and ask for others to pray for this family as well.
The good news about Hudson is that he is getting stronger every day. He had lost weight down to 4 pounds 1 ounce but is back over 4.5 pounds now (and that was a couple of days ago, I'm sure he has gained since then).
I know many of my blog readers do pray and I hope you will keep Tiffany, JD and Hudson in your prayers. My prayers have been for healing for Tiffany, strength for JD in this tough time. I pray for patience and wisdom because feeling so helpless and now knowing what tomorrow will bring can just drive someone mad. I pray for continued improvements for Hudson. And I pray that Tiffany and JD will feel some comfort knowing how much other people are thinking about, praying about them right now. I pray for guidance for their extended families to know what we can do to comfort and support them.
2 comments:
oh my goodness, that's rough. i wrote a quick note on her blog the other day. I'll be praying for them! thanks for updating and please continue to
They are in my prayers. My sweet friend Channing had the exact same thing happen to her after the birth of her daughter Eden. She was in the ICU for 2 weeks. I will pray for a quick recovery for all and that everyone will be home together loving on sweet Hudson soon.
Post a Comment