



I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but Ben was meant to be the father of a daughter. While I think Ben represents "all that is man" he is also a warm and fuzzy guy. He's sensitive to what I'm feeling/going through. He takes me seriously on things I think are important. He was so patient through hormone swings and morning sickness.
Ben and I see eye to eye in how women should be treated and expectations for the things our daughter should learn. He respects strong women. I think he likes that I don't view anything as "men's work" (with the exception of mowing the lawn because it will give me an asthma attack). And he doesn't treat things as "women's work". He jumps in and helps with the cleaning, laundry and bottle washing. And thank the Lord I found a man that cooks.
I really love that we take care of one another. I don't know at what point in our relationship we began to do this. He makes sure I'm eating something other than PB sandwiches while he's gone. I make sure he has his soccer clothes clean before game days. He brings me a Sonic diet coke on the way home if I've had a rough day. I proof read his power points before he uses them in class. I could probably name a hundred things we do for one another on a regular basis, but the point is we take care of each other because we want to.
The reason Ben was meant to be the father of a daughter is that he will show her how a husband should treat his wife. He will teach her that there is nothing she can't do if she sets her mind to it. He will show her a man can be strong and sensitive.
Gee, I love that man :)
3 comments:
Awe, Shan, what a wonderful post! You guys are a great couple!
LOVE this!! So glad you and Betsy have a good man! : )
Good one Shan! Awwww, yay for girls with wonderful daddy's.
Post a Comment