Friday, February 20, 2009

A love of literature


One thing I'd like to share with my daughter is a love for reading. When I was little my parents used to read to me every night. My favorite book was "The Poky Little Puppy". I bought it for Betsy, it was the first book we read to her. For a couple of weeks we've been reading to her before bed. Ben loves sharing this time with us too. My Aunt Dolly sent us a bible stories book for children, I am so excited about it! When I became a little older I would lay in bed with my Mom and while she read her book I'd read my bible stories book. Then I'd tell her about whatever I had read about. I'm sure all these things contributed to my becoming an English major in college.

I probably read a hundred novels a year. Writing that, it sounds crazy! I thought once I had a baby I wouldn't find time to read but that's not the case. I read on my lunch break. I read before bed. I read in the bath. I love the library!

I'd love book recommendations for Betsy. To any of the moms who read the blog, please share what books your children love.

1 comment:

Corie M. said...

My stepmom gets "Goodnight Moon" for every new mom she knows.

I remember all the Dr. Seuss's when I was little.

A friend of ours sent "I Love You All Day Long".

I can't wait to start reading to our little lady!