Considering we don't get home until 6 pm, and we're asleep by 10:15 I feel like we get a lot done at night. We don't sit around much during the week nights. One of us is playing with/feeding/bathing the baby while the other is doing stuff that needs to get done. We have a system. I kind of forget what it was like before we had the kiddo. Last night was a good one:
-We had baked potatoes for dinner
-we took the baby and the schnauz for a walk around the neighborhood
-watched some DVR'd American Idol
-I washed clothes and hung up some new stuff Granny sent the bear
-I read a book to Betsy (and Ben)(touch and feel Puppies book)
-washed, sterilized and made bottles
-baby got a bath
-Ben and I got to hang out and talk a lot
-Bets went to bed a little earlier (9:30?)
-I did some closet organizing in her room *devised a system so Ben knows which clothes fit now and which clothes she hasn't grown into yet*
-I read a book
-we got to sleep around 10:15 and slept until 6:30.
I can't believe we both get up at 6:30, I shower and get ready, Betsy eats and we're all still out the door at 7:05. Somehow I thought when we had a baby I would need to start getting up earlier to get her ready in the mornings but all we have to do is feed her and toss a couple bottles in her diaper bag. She was easier than I anticipated. All for now. Maybe this post is for my pregnant friends who are like me and sit in trepidation wondering how it will ALL get DONE?! It just happens. Hakuna Mattata.
2 comments:
Love this one Shan! Make me a *little* less anxious.
You guys are NOT normal. LMAO.
Once she starts eating real food it takes longer but otherwise I agree it doesn't take me much longer to get ready in the morning either.
Sounds like you have a great system!
Post a Comment